Operations Manager, Special Scientist, Research Fellow
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
MOLECULAR MEDICINE RESEARCH CENTER OF EXCELLENCE VACANT POSITION FOR A SPECIAL SCIENTIST – OPERATIONS MANAGER
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 3 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Molecular Medicine Research Center of the University of Cyprus has one opening for a Special Scientist (Research Fellow), for research and coordination, funded by the research program: Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research - Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CYBiobank)”, which is cofunded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master’s or PhD degree or equivalent)
- At least 5 years experience in a position with similar responsibilities. Solid experience in research project management is a must.
- Demonstrated capacity in proposal writing will be an advantage
- Experience in EU funded projects (FP7, H2020, etc.) will be considered an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Result oriented with an ability to work under deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and teamwork skills
- Excellent knowledge of the greek and english languages
- Ability to cooperate with international partners in a multi-cultural environment
- Manage projects effectively to ensure quality throughout the process and timely delivery
- Define scope and expected deliverables, determine success metrics and track, against milestones
- Assist in preparing reports and deliverables
- Manage changes to the projects’ scope, schedule and cost where necessary
- Monitor risks proactively, drive prioritisation, balance needs versus constraints and take mitigation actions and contingency planning
- Develop effective presentations and project update materials to communicate project status
- Proactively identify new national, european and international funding opportunities
- Organise and participate in the preparation of research and innovation grants at national, european and international levels
- Cooperate with all project partners to achieve expected results
- Organize and lead project conference calls and meetings, recording meeting minutes and ensuring timely completion of allocated tasks
- Review and control project deliverables based on quality objectives and standards
Terms of employment
The position will be for full-time employment with a 3-year contract, and potential for renewal. The monthly salary will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €4,000 and €7,000. The employee will be required to pay from his/her salary both, his/her and the employer’s contributions. There is no provision for a 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications (1 page)
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages)
- Contact details for at least two people qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate
- Certificates attesting to the very good knowledge of the greek and english language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of a greek/english school/University.
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to: email@example.com at the latest until August 30, 2019.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy
Apply for Operations Manager, Special Scientist, Research Fellow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly