Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Adelaide Dental School
(Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 per annum / (Level C) $119,070 to $136,990 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply. A clinical loading may also apply
Continuing full-time position available with the opportunity to reduce to part-time
This position will predominately (but is not restricted to) teach in all aspects of general dentistry to undergraduate students, with clinical expertise in teaching periodontics.
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD qualification in Dentistry acceptable for registration as a specialist periodontic with the Dental Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and workshops; as well as marking and assessment activities, and a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Experience in the development of innovative teaching methods and curriculum.
- Experience as a clinical skills supervisor in the discipline of Periodontics.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising undergraduate student.
- A PhD degree qualification in Dentistry acceptable for registration as a specialist periodontist with the Dental Board of Australia.
- A doctoral qualification or equivalent accreditation and standing.
- A record of academic achievement of national standing through significant contributions, including academic leadership, to the scholarship of teaching, research, innovation or professional activity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary practices gained through industry experience and/or scholarly activities or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in the delivery of high quality course and subject design, and in the delivery of high quality student centered learning and teaching at an undergraduate level, that includes the capacity to incorporate new technologies and new approaches to teaching and learning.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria, indicating in your cover letter which level you are applying for.
Applications close 11:55 pm, 28 August 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Richard Logan
Dean and Head, Adelaide Dental School
P: +61 (8) 8313 3066
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR
click on the link below to find a full selection criteria for both levels: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device) http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/502737/lecturer-senior-lecturer-adelaide-dental-school
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.