Tenure-Track Appointment in Science, Mathematics, and/or Statistics
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Division of Science at Harvard University is searching for tenure-track faculty (at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor) who will be appointed in one or more of the following departments: Astronomy, Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Human Evolutionary Biology, Mathematics, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Physics, Statistics, and Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology. This is an open-field search, and we invite scholars whose research overlaps with one or more departments or disciplines to apply. This open-field search is independent of and concurrent with other department/discipline-specific searches (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/). We are committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups. The appointee will direct an independent research program, and teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students. This appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Doctorate or terminal degree in an applicable field required by the time the appointment begins.
Candidates should have a strong record of or commitment to
- teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels,
- to broadening institutional diversity, and
- scholarly excellence.
Your application will be considered complete when the following documents have been submitted to http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/9104:
- Cover letter, to include which of our academic departments you think are most appropriate for you (https://science.fas.harvard.edu/pages/about).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching statement describing your teaching and mentoring experience, approach, and philosophy. Include teaching evaluations if available.
- Research statement including accomplishments and future plans (1-3 pages) and one to two introductory paragraphs summarizing your main research questions and significance in
- language accessible to a general scientific audience.
- PDFs of three representative publications, and your ORCID or Google Scholar identifier (or similar) if available.
- Statement (1-2 pages) describing your efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas.
- Recommendation letters from 3-5 references. One of these letters must come from someone who has not served as your graduate or postdoctoral advisor.
All applications and materials must be submitted by October 7th, 2019
Selected candidates will be invited to mandatory interviews on campus on Thursday November 14th and Friday November 15, 2019.
Assistant Dean for Science
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Massachusetts