Research Coordinator, Clinical and Health Research
- Full-time, fixed-term 2-year contract opportunity in the School of Health & Biomedical Sciences
- Facilitate and coordinate a newly funded project within the China- Australia International Research Centre for Chinese Medicine
- Opportunities for candidate with project coordination & project management skills with experience in a health research or academic environment
- Build and further develop your expertise in database literature search and database collection using wide varieties of data collection tools
- Exciting position for Health & Biomedical Sciences graduate to be part of the overall delivery of projects across all research activities with the School of Health & Biomedical Sciences
- Report directly to Associate Professor Tony Zhang, Deputy Director, China- Australia International Research Centre for Chinese Medicine
- Remuneration at HEW 7 ($86,766 - $93,919), with competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
In this position, you will be required:
- Conduct research coordination activities in the China- Australia International Research Centre for Chinese Medicine (The Centre), under the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Deliver and work collaboratively with a team of committed staff on wide range of research related work such as preparation of research documentation, data collections, data entry and data analysis, management of literature materials, its communications and databases
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in research coordination of a variety of activities cofounded by an external grant and RMIT University
- Ensure efficient and up-to-date research meeting documentation, meeting minutes and correspondence, ensuring that it is relevant and accurate
- Perform and carry-out literature search and oversee the management of data collection tools, data entry and data analysis
- Facilitate and support the team by providing editorial assistance such as manuscripts preparations, reports and communications materials
- Provide high-level of administrative aid to the Centre i.e. drafting and develop content for websites, management of sensitive file and documents and literature databases and to have consistent follow-up on all matters that require attention
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified in Sciences, Health and Biomedical Sciences and/or relevant working experience in providing management, administration, research coordination support in health research, clinical laboratory or academic environment
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in using software packages such Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Endnote and Adobe suite
- Equip with high level of English language skills through report writing and verbal communications; with experience in editing scientific documentation will be highly desirable
- Capacity and capability in organising events and liaison with international experts
- Proven track record in database literature search and data collections with effective using of data collections tools
- Ability to focus with attention to details, as well as effective time management, analytical and identify ways to problem-solve complex issues to enhance effective research project coordination and administrative processes
- Passionate to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
- RMIT has placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and again in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences). Primarily based at the RMIT Bundoora campus, we undertake teaching and research across ten disciplines: Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Exercise Science, Human Biosciences, Laboratory Medicine, Medical Radiations, Nursing, Osteopathy, Pharmacy and Psychology. Many of our programs include Work Integrated Learning as an intrinsic part of student learning, both through placements in partner industries and through the Universitys student led Health Sciences Clinic located at Bundoora.
The Schools research was ranked as well above world standard in clinical science, complementary and alternative medicine, medical physiology, microbiology and pharmacology & pharmaceutical sciences, and above world standard in psychology, public health & health service and medical & health sciences. We have a strategic focus on chronic disease and integrative health care with cross-cutting themes of: Indigenous Health, Exercise & Nutrition, Ageing in Health & Disease, and Medical Devices, Diagnostics and Prognostics. Research within the School is supported by modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment as well as a significant number of national and international partners.
Details of the School can be found at:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- MYKI pass discount
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, contact Associate Professor Tony Zhang at email@example.com.
Applications close on Sunday 25th August 2019
Applicants will need to attach their updated resume and a cover letter expressing their suitability for this position and their achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.