Research Assistant, Designing Surfaces
3 days left
- Full Time
- Make Significant Contributions to the Research at RMIT
- Fixed Term, 2-year contract
- $67, 630 - $ 96, 564 + 17% super
- Role & Responsibilities
As the Research Assistant you will contribute to the research efforts in Additive Manufacturing, within the School of Engineering developing bio-compatible magnesium stints and implants. You will work within a highly collaborative and collegially working environment with fellow researchers and industry partners. You will be presented with the chance to create and contribute to meaningful work on a highly interesting project, that will allow you to work with one of the leading-edge companies within the Additive Manufacturing Industry.
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing and/or Mechanical Engineering, knowledge of electrochemistry.
- Great interpersonal skills, with experience working on collaborative projects
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong dedication to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with industry and other research networks
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Additional University holiday leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 17.5%
- MYKI pass discount
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
The School of Engineering at RMIT provides students with work-relevant education programs, access to excellent research facilities and opportunities to engage in creative real-world project work.
In the 2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 11th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 26th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the worlds top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
For a confidential discussion or further information, please contact Ivan Cole on +61 3 9925 4401 or Ivan.firstname.lastname@example.org To view the position description, visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 579107.
Applications close on 23 August 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.