Customer Services And Banking Associate
The Customer Service & Banking (CS&B) Associate is responsible for receiving gifts, updating biographic information, and using the University’s alumni and donor information database system. Work is usually performed independently within general guidelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Become the knowledge expert of Stanford’s OGP & CARD database and the Gift Transmittal system. Update most biographic information, and utilize all aspects of the image document system.
- Complete daily review of incoming gift mail. Deposit all checks and charge all credit card gifts that are received in Development Services in a timely manner. Prepare deposited gifts for processing accurately and in a timely manner. This includes coordinating any necessary gift transmittals or donor documents to ensure the accuracy of gift information.
- Maintain computerized and manual logs and files in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer gift, pledge, and biographic updates and/or inquiries from fundraisers, donors, and departments effectively using all available resources. Communicate with fundraisers and departments (i.e., academic, OSR, Controller’s Office, Internal Audit) to determine if a donation is a gift. Be able to contact donors for more information about their gift and/or biographic updates/inquiries.
- Ability to switch daily work function, as needed, to assist teammates, especially during periods of illness, leave or vacation.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- High school diploma and two years of customer service experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Previous customer facing role/call center experience is a plus. Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in their work and ability to interact successfully with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- General understanding of cash handling and reconciliation is desired. Previous banking/accounting experience is also a plus.
- Good computer skills and strong attention to detail.
- Integrity and the ability to work with highly confidential material is a must.
- Ability to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency. Excellent follow-through, tact, integrity, ability to multi-task, and manage confidential information are a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate solid retention of information to identify, implement and complete any necessary solutions within department policy.
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.
Job Code: 4742
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84116