Life Science Technician II
The Department of Genetics at Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Technician 2 to join the newly created Stanford Metabolic Health Center. The LST will be a member of a research team that is using cutting-edge mass spectrometry technologies to detect metabolic disorders in kids and newborns. The goal of this work is to detect metabolic abnormalities early to initiate precise management so that the child can be saved from lifelong complications.
- Receiving plasma and urine samples from hospital and clinics and keep an inventory of these samples.
- Extracting metabolites and perform untargeted LC-MS experiments.
- Maintaining detailed records to provide reproducibility of the experiment.
- Responsible for general lab tasks such as ordering supplies, taking care of deliveries and instrument repairs, organizing freezer space, maintaining lab stocks, overseeing lab safety regulations.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
At least two years of previous laboratory experience or two years of college coursework in a scientific discipline. The candidate must be organized, enjoy problem solving, be a team player and have strong communication skills. This is an opportunity for a motivated and reliable person to participate in highly collaborative, cutting-edge research at the forefront of precision medicine.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific field is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS is preferred.
- Experience with metabolomics using LC-MS is desired.
- Previous laboratory research experience in academia or industry desired.
- Meticulous record keeping and organizational skills.
- Careful attention to detail in all laboratory techniques.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate experiments with co-workers is essential.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5644
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A24
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/