Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
- Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE) was established in 1982 and has a national and international reputation in both the theory and practice of evaluation. The Centre undertakes a broad range of evaluations and research in fields as diverse as health, education, the environment and welfare. The size of projects undertaken ranges from small-scale localised studies to large-scale State, national and international program evaluations.
About the role
The CPE is seeking a highly organised individual to fill a Centre Coordinator position. The position will take a leading role in the day-to-day operational, finance and administrative functions of the Centre. This will include contributing to planning, budgeting, tender development, compliance, marketing, and reporting in support of the Centre’s research and teaching programs, projects and other activities. This Centre Coordinator will provide a senior administrator function in the CPE and will contribute to the development of the Centre.
The Centre Coordinator will also provide administrative support for the International Teacher Education Effectiveness Research Hub (iTEERH), and executive support to Director(s) of CPE and iTEERH.
Working within a team of professional and academic staff, you will be required to:
- Provide executive administrative support such as document preparation, committee support, records management and travel arrangements for the Directors (CPE & iTEERH);
- Work effectively with Senior University staff;
- Have a good working knowledge of the University of Melbourne policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and initiative while liaising with key portfolios and key stakeholders;
- Demonstrate high level of communications skills when interacting with both the external and internal community; and
- Thrive in a busy, fast paced and diverse environment.
If you can demonstrate your talent in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
Applications close: 18 Aug 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time