The University of Canberra is a young university marked by dynamism and determination
The Chancellor, Professor Tom Calma AO, and the University Council seek an experienced and exceptional leader to assist an evolving University to continue to transform and grow.
The New Vice-Chancellor will need to have:
- Academic distinction and high professional standing
- Significant institutional leadership experience, including excellent strategic and financial acumen to lead a research, teaching and civically engaged University
- An understanding of the Australian higher education environment
- Experience in dealing with a governing body
- Outstanding communication and ambassadorial skills
- The ability to build strong relationships within the communities of the University, government, and business, along with other centres of learning in Australia and internationally
- A commitment to excellence in research and education and intellectual creativity
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access and the advancement of reconciliation
- Exemplary personal qualities of good judgement, integrity, presence and drive.
The successful candidate will have the ability to innovate and grow opportunities, build strategic
partnerships and networks, and instil a strong, values based, performance culture.
The University of Canberra is proud to be recognised as a leader in equity and social
justice and embraces an ongoing commitment to empower individuals to achieve their best, regardless of their circumstances.
To understand more about the University of Canberra and this Vice-Chancellor opportunity
please connect to this microsite: www.canberra.edu.au/info/distinctive-by-design
This site contains the Information for Candidate’s Brochure and other relevant University documents.
The University is supported in a search for this appointment by the global executive search firm
For a confidential conversation please contact:
Julie Steiner | +61 2 8905 3711
Rebecca Willet | +61 3 8375 7430
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 August