Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer, Design
- Full Time
Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer, Design (Hanoi)
Job no: 579804
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Education, Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication & Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be Experimental; Ethical; and Exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication & Design over the next 3 years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer/Associate Lecturer in Design will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Communication & Design, specifically within undergraduate Programs. The successful candidate will also actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
The appointee will be teaching across two programs in the School of Communication & Design: Digital Media and Design Studies, with an emphasis on Digital Media.
Key selection criteria
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer) roles.
- Applicants are expected to be experienced digital media artists, and to possess, or be capable of developing the following capabilities:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Premier
- Proficiency in such subjects as typography, publication design, graphics, branding etc
- Proficiency in such subjects as motion graphics and motion image editing
- Proficiency of industry-standard design publication workflows
- Ability to lecture on the topic of art and design history (desired, not required)
- Proficiency in any other design or software skill (3D, animation, product design etc)
- Actively engaged in design practice.
- Recognised research and/or exhibition profile.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on August 20, 2019.
Advertised: 23 Jul 2019 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Aug 2019 SE Asia Standard Time