Research Data Analyst
The Division of Hematology/Oncology in the Department of Pediatrics at Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst (RDA1) to manage and analyze scientific data/information under the direction of the PI and partnership with project researchers for the Gawad Lab.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Develop analytical methods for automated multiplexed image analysis, including background removal, denoising and batch normalization.
- Application of machine learning methods to multiplexed mass cytometry or imaging data and clinical data discriminate differences between patient groups
- Develop user-friendly tools to incorporate these algorithms to routine laboratory work.
- Use current deep-learning approached applied in the lab and develop new machine-learning approaches for identifying biological entities at different scales within multiplexed images, including cells, subcellular compartments and multi-cellular structures.
- Leverage existing tools for single cell analysis (i.e. SPADE, tSNE, SCAFFOLD, CITRUS) to summarize datasets, reduce dimensionality and identify differences between experimental groups. Modify these tools or develop new tools to include additional features available from imaging data, such as cell shape and size.
- Work collaboratively with postdoctoral researchers and other staff in the lab to facilitate their data analysis.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- Research experience in computational biology desired; specifically, in analysis of high-throughput data.
- Experience in designing data analysis pipelines is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with sequencing analysis is preferred
- Experience with Python/Perl is preferred
- Proficiency working in a unix environment with bash scripting is required
- Some experience computing with R is required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
Job Code: 4751
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 84051