Financial Analyst 2
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences within Stanford University’s School of Medicine is seeking a qualified Financial Analyst 2. Reporting to the Director of Clinical Finance & Operations, the Financial Analyst 2 will perform complex finance functions and/or activities in support of the Child and Adolescent Clinical Operations Division. The Financial Analyst will require advanced knowledge and application of internal policies, external regulations, precedents, and systems. The Financial Analyst will own, maintain and optimize faculty productivity data, publish regular monthly summary/detail reporting and actively work to resolve detailed productivity issues. The Financial Analyst will work in conjunction with others to design system solutions, develop financial reporting and solve operational challenges. The Financial Analyst will, over time, manage key areas of revenue and expense for division.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences places high importance on advancing science and integrating our mission with those of clinical innovation and service, educational excellence, community engagement and commitment, and professionalism and leadership development. This approach allows us to change future understanding and practices in our fields of science, the health professions, and society at large. It is an approach that stretches the traditional boundaries of an academic department and acknowledges the interdependent nature of the five missions with which we are entrusted. For us, the vision affirms the diverse activities, past successes, and distinct career paths of our multidisciplinary faculty. It establishes a mindset that will help draw our people together to collaborate and combine efforts that are necessary in moving forward this full academic portfolio. Finally, it is a vision that provides an authentic rationale for growth in a number of critical areas arising in fields from basic science to public policy.
For more information about the Department of Psychiatry please visit our website: http://med.stanford.edu/psychiatry.html
- Create, maintain and publish faculty productivity performance reporting using excel or other systems. This will require engaged and clear communication with senior management and faculty across the division to understand business drivers.
- Provide productivity performance subject matter expertise to support achievement of the division’s goal.
- Periodically review and analyze division financial results, become a division revenue and expense subject matter expert, troubleshoot issues or problems.
- Design and perform ad hoc analyses of large complex data sets. Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas.
- Construct and assemble data or business cases to facilitate decision making for new initiatives; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- Conduct analysis and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader division and department perspective in decision making.
- Develop reports and presentations of complex financial data and metrics for management and third parties.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Contribute to division and department strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Review and approve department expenses, manage purchase orders and administer invoicing
- Lead finance contact supporting third party educational consortium; works directly with senior staff managing this program.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Working knowledge of University systems and reporting tools and processes.
- Knowledge of medical billing concepts and systems, with previous experience in the health care industry or related field.
- Experience using the following systems: Epic, Hyperion, Oracle, Tidemark, Oracle Business Intelligence
- Comfort with presenting productivity and financials using tables, charts and other data presentation methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team and support peers as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize workload, set deadlines independently and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to think critically, and articulate complex concepts in a simple, meaningful fashion.
- Ability to utilize internal/external resources and interact with faculty, clinic chiefs and all levels of the organization with a cooperative and service-oriented attitude and demeanor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, with the ability to perform complex analysis using Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare materials and clearly communicate information to internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4452
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H