Postdoctoral Fellow, UNSW Business School
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
The position is based within the School of Marketing. The School of Marketing has recently appointed research professor Harald van Heerde as part of the Strategic Hire and Retention Programme (SHARP). This programme is part of UNSW’s 2025 Strategy. The vision is to be among the leading research-intensive universities worldwide, known for innovative, pioneering research that has a global impact. To achieve this, UNSW invests strategically, on a large scale, in recruitment in carefully selected areas of research, including marketing.
About the role
- $107,210 - $126,386 + 17% superannuation
- 3 year fixed-term position
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Postdoctoral Fellow will undertake collaborative and self-directed research in quantitative marketing. The specific goal is to generate novel and rigorous insights on the effectiveness of marketing activities. These insights are based on using cutting-edge econometric models calibrated on observational (real-world) empirical data.
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow reports to Professor Harald van Heerde. The appointment is for a period of three years, starting at a mutually agreed date.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing or applying cutting edge econometric models to obtain novel and managerially relevant marketing insights.
- Collaborating with industry partners in obtaining and collating empirical data in econometric model calibration.
- Conducting field experiments with industry partners
- Processing and cleaning obtained research data
- Publishing in top marketing and related journals
- Presenting research at national and international conferences
About the successful applicant;
- You will hold a PhD in Marketing, Business, Econometrics, Computer Science of similar with strong background in empirical econometric models.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in real-world marketing issues.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative background and training.
- Demonstrated strong programming and data handling skills, for example in R, Python, Matlab or Gauss.
- Proven, or demonstrated excellent potential for, an outstanding publication record.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 0962
Applications close: 11:30 pm, 21st August 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.