Postdoc/Special Scientist, Department of Biological Sciences
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Position for Postdoc/Special Scientist
The University of Cyprus (www.ucy.ac.cy) invites applications for one full time (1) special scientist to work in the Laboratory of Epigenetics and Gene Regulation as a post-doctoral researcher.
The researcher will be working on the RPF-funded Excellence project “Dissecting the regulatory mechanisms of histone N-terminal acetylation”. We have recently illuminated a role for this histone Nt-acetylation and its associated enzyme in aging and carcinogenesis. The successful candidate will lead investigations for elucidating the molecular mechanisms employed by this histone modification to control gene expression using biochemical and genomic approaches. The project provides opportunity for training and research in an exciting area of epigenetics.
- The successful applicant should have a PhD Degree in cell and molecular biology or related areas.
- He/She should have an outstanding academic record and be a highly motivated individual with interest in a long-term career in research.
- Previous laboratory experience and knowledge of molecular and cellular biology techniques is also required. Expertise in biochemical affinity purifications and/or genomic approaches (ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, etc.) will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research and be very open to cooperation with other members of the lab and with external partners. He/She will also support project management, supervise younger researchers, contribute to dissemination activities and, be responsible for the preparation and submission of project reporting.
The position will be initiated on a 12-month contract, with possibility for renewal based on successful progress. The monthly salary is set between €2200 - €3000 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. 13th salary bonus or medical insurance coverage are not provided.
Τhe candidates must submit the following in English:
- Letter of interest for the position
- Full CV including description of past research experience
- Copy of degrees
- The names and contact details of at least 2 academic referees
All application material must be emailed to email@example.com by 6th September 2019 with the title “Postdoc-RegAce-2019”. Selected candidates will be invited for interview.
For further information please contact the coordinator of the project Dr. Antonis Kirmizis tel.: +357-22892678 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filling of the vacancy is subject to funding availability.