Special Scientist Position, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will be employed in externally funded research programs of FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2019SS-10
- First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or Applied Mathematics.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology Laboratory in the field of PV Systems, Smart Grids, Grid Integration, Storage Technologies and Electric Mobility.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and experimentation to collect data on performance and qualitative operation of photovoltaic systems
- Signal processing or image processing techniques for PV diagnostics and fault detection
- Modelling of Smart Grids and the integration of energy storage technologies and renewable energy sources
- Study of electric mobility
- Data analysis
- Writing articles and publications of research results
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1200-2800 (€8,57/hr - €20/hr). From this amount, employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13thsalary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the position
- Full cv
- Copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
The application must include the application code FOSS2019SS-10. For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus