University Tutor, Global Online Programmes
Application closing date 20/08/2019
Salary Salary: Grade 5: GBP 32,236 - GBP 38,460
Package Excellent benefit package
Part Time 17.5 hours per week, 12 month Fixed Term
Build your academic career in the Human Resources or Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship Group with Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier Business School has a superb campus environment in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland's capital - and one of Europe's major cultural cities.
As one of the largest Business Schools in Scotland, we offer a distinctive, inclusive and dynamic educational environment, with further ambitions to achieve our AACSB accreditation. We are continuing to expand our research base, which is essential to enhance our academic reputation. Our ultimate focus is to provide teaching that clearly aligns to the discipline or sector in practice and through our students create lifelong ambassadors, who will champion our institution within future employers.
A key area of success for the Business School has been its move into online education, with currently in excess of 1,400 students from over 80 countries, on Global Online programmes. We have ambitious plans to grow our Global Online academic provision.
A part time, up to 12-month, opportunity has arisen to support the University's growth in online programme delivery in the Entrepreneurship area.
Entrepreneurship - 1 x 0.5 full-time equivalent
This posts may be particularly suitable for PhD students or early career academics and those seeking to work part-time hours.
You will be responsible for delivering online education, supporting students, assessing and providing feedback in your academic specialist area on Global Online modules. You will also supervise dissertations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
You will have excellent communication skills and effective interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, engage and inspire others, particularly within an online environment.
You will contribute to the University's objective of growing our academic reputation for online education.
You will be responsible to the relevant Edinburgh Napier module leader to deliver an excellent student experience.
If you would like to know, more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the full profile.
Who We Are Looking For
You must have:
- A Master's degree or professional qualification in a relevant business discipline e.g. HRM, Marketing, or Entrepreneurship.
- Experience of supporting undergraduate or postgraduate students in either a face to face, distance learning or online environment.
- Ability to communicate accurately and fluently at a high level of English proficiency.
- Ability to respond sensitively to students with different needs and backgrounds.
- Demonstrable and up-to-date IT skills e.g. use of a Virtual Learning Environment, Excel and online marking tools.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 5: GBP 32,236 - GBP 38,460
Application Closing Date: Tuesday 20th August 2019
- All Candidates will be required to demonstrate their ability to live and work in the UK and that they are subject to UK taxes.
- Candidates will work remotely but will be required to attend occasional meetings on campus.
- All Candidates will be subject to Edinburgh Napier University's terms and conditions of employment.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and hold Disability Confident, Career Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here