Adjunct Faculty in Graphic Design
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With over 900 faculty and staff serving approximately 10,000 students across two main campuses - as well as satellite locations in Abu Dhabi and Dubai- the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, cultural organizations, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be fully bilingual in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, strong in quantitative and research skills. The primary language of instruction and administration is English. Zayed University is fully accredited in the U.A.E. as well as by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the U.S.A.
The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment.
The College of Art and Creative Enterprises (CACE)
CACE offers students a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in the following: Animation, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Visual Art and a shared BSc in Multimedia Design. Additionally, we offer a minor in Curatorial Studies. CACE aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We have received Substantial Equivalency from the National Schools of Art & Design (NASAD) for our academic programs. Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and initiatives of the college that will advocate innovative practice and research.
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks qualified candidates to teach part-time in Graphic Design with adjunct (part-time) appointments in Abu Dhabi and Dubai beginning August 2019. The following courses are on offer: Principles of Design/Basic Design; Graphic Design Studio (junior to senior level with proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop needed); Packaging Design; and Typography.
- Applicants must have earned a Doctorate or Master of Fine Arts degree preferably in Graphic Design or a field in Graphic Design. A Master of Arts may be considered.
- The successful applicant will be expected to offer high-quality teaching and must demonstrate strong experience in the development and exploration of highly creative concepts.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working knowledge of the leading technology appropriate to the discipline, and will be well apprised of contemporary art and design discourse in relation to its practice and pedagogy.
- Expat applicants must already be UAE residents on family sponsored
- Employed Emirati nationals must be able to provide a letter of no-objection from their employer.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.In addition to completing the online application form, please include the following:
- Cover letter
- Current Curricular Vitae (included website/portfolio links)
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Sample syllabi (if any)
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcript The names and contact details of three professional references
- Online portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student outcomes should be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
The review of applications will begin immediately.