Services Desk Analyst
Computing Support Analyst 1
Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Series: Computing Support Analyst
Job Code: 4731
The University IT Service Desk, Client Services is seeking a Service Desk analyst to join our team. We primarily answer calls and address tickets from the University, Stanford Health Care, and Stanford Children’s Hospital communities for a variety of University IT supported services. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to all of our clients.
If you are experienced in customer service, can stay calm under pressure, and are a phenomenal teammate, this may be the role for you!
Under direct supervision, provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, software, network, collaboration, communication, and productivity tools via phone, live chat, remote desktop and messaging. You will also record the details of every customer interaction and advance complex issues to more senior technicians for resolution.
- Provide first line of response to requests for various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance. Provide remote problem resolution when possible.
- Resolve basic end-user problems, escalate as appropriate.
- Install, upgrade, configure, and solve computing and communication devices and peripherals.
- Perform, schedule, and monitor system alerts, work queues, back-ups, and recovery activities.
- Apply security standard methodologies.
- Ensure users are assigned appropriate resources.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Experience with various operating systems and computing devices. Experience installing and configuring desktop computer systems in a networked computing environment, and in applying diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology standard methodologies, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with ITSM Ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, Remedy or ZenDesk.
- Familiarity with remote desktop tools.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, using a telephone, grasping lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Service Desk hours are 7am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun! Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4731
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G