Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Biological Sciences
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Reporting to: Assoc Prof I-hsin Su
Salary: Attractive salary package with health insurance and other benefits
Location: School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Research Fellow positions for 3-4 years are available. The candidates have to be well trained in molecular cloning, cell biology and Biochemistry, have advanced background knowledge in Immunology. The candidates should have genuine interest in basic research. RF will work on a newly established conditional knockout mouse model to identify functional significance of our target protein in various immune cells. In parallel, the biochemical feature of this novel protein will be characterized. The candidate is expected to develop the project independently and supervise undergraduate/ graduate students and research assistants.
Qualification & Requirements
- possess a PhD degree in Biological Sciences, Medicine or related disciplines
- be able to acquire and analyse flow cytometry data using 5 laser Fortessa
- perform molecular cloning, tissue culture, animal experiments and biochemistry analyses using primary cells isolated from mice
- able to use open source bioinformatics tools
- have excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- be highly motivated
- have first author publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- be committed and able to work flexible hours
- have good common sense with excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
Nanyang Technological University, School of Biological Sciences, Singapore
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU, Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities. NTU offers an excellent environment for research and training of scientific skills.
Singapore is a city-state with one of the highest standards of living in the world seeking to become an international hub for the biomedical and life sciences. Singapore is a vibrant and safe tropical city, with rich Asian heritage and modern style of living. With our good base of life sciences players, highly skilled and educated workforce, excellent communication systems, good industry infrastructure and a stable government, Singapore offers an exceptional professional and personal experience.
Please send your CV and reference contact to Asso. Prof. I-hsin Su firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Biological Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly