Research Support Assistant, NASA Exoplanet Science Institute
4 days left
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The NASA Exoplanet Science Institute (NExScI) at Caltech has the need for an occasional Research Support Assistant to work with scientists to assess the presence of stellar companions near stars observed with the Transiting Explanet Survey Satellite (TESS).
- The successful applicant wil assist in the analysis of infrared imaging data obtained as part of the TESS Follow-Up Observation Program. The analysis will involve the reduction and assessment of high resolution infrared imaging data.
- Some college courses in physics, astronomy, engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of a computing environment (Mac or PC)
- Working knowledge of a word processing and spreadsheet (e.g., Excel) software
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Cover Letter