Security Officer/Control Room Operator
Division/School FM Soft Services
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £18688 - £20836 per annum plus a 25% rotating shift allowance
Closing date for applications 04-Aug-2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Officer / Control Room Operator to join the University of Bristol’s Security Services team with a starting salary of £23,000 and a range of professional, security related training provided. The role is a fundamental part of the University community and provides reassurance to staff, students and visitors alike.
Key benefits include:
- A Competitive salary - Pay range is £18688 - £20836 plus a 25% rotating shift allowance.
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service.
- Pension scheme.
- Sick Pay.
- Excellent training.
- Annual pay review.
The role holder will work as part of a team of Uniformed, well trained, professional Security Officers / Control Room Operators on a rotational 12 hour shift pattern working an average 35 hours per week over a 12 month period. The roster pattern is 11 hour shifts (plus 1 hour unpaid meal relief) comprising of 2 days and 2 nights followed by 4 days off (4 on duty / 4 off duty). The core shifts are: 0600 – 1800 (days) / 1800 – 0600 (nights).
The Operational Security team deliver a 24/7 service to the University Community and Estate, which includes the provision of:
- Foot and Mobile Security Patrols
- Active engagement with a range of people including students, staff and visitors
- Monitoring and response to critical and life safety alarms
- Operating a modern 24/7 Security Control Room
- Emergency 'First responder' services to a wide spectrum of incidents
- Car Parking enforcement
- Promote crime reduction and personal safety awareness across the University Community
- Liaise with the Emergency services, as required
The University Security Services team have an integral part to play in maintaining a safe and secure environment. The role holder will therefore be responsible for ensuring that a professional standard of service delivery is maintained at all times.
Informal enquires: Simon Ramsden, Security Operations Manager
Tel + 0117 3311186 Simon.Ramsden@bristol.ac.uk
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.