Stanford University is seeking an Events Planner 2 to plan and execute events, such as seminars, conferences, sports or alumni events, and other university related events. Plan and manage logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations. Procure and coordinate vendor services. Provide on-site event support. May research and provide recommendations for potential event locations and evaluate alternatives.
- Initiate and lead meetings with stakeholders to plan scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, and/or review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Serve as project leader on specific events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events such as: marketing, vendors, fan experience, ticket office, concessions, press and/or media.
- Responsible for budget planning and management, venue management and equipment and facilities management for specific events.
- Oversee development of registration strategy and logistics.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Procure and coordinate vendor services. Negotiate vendor contracts to minimize liability and risks.
- Research and provide recommendations for potential event locations, and evaluate alternatives.
- Investigate, document and report complaints regarding all aspects of events including customer service, crowd control and staff issues.
- May inspect event facilities for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues, ensuring enforcement of Environmental Health and Safety and other facility regulations. Arrange for correction if issues are found.
- Communicate with visiting entities such as vendors, teams, coaches and officials for assigned events.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.]
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated success managing event teams and planning, developing budgets, and meeting budget goals.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to cultivate partnerships.
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgment, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
- Ability to interact with a broad spectrum of customers.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Valid Non-Commercial Class California Driver's License.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, and grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Drive vehicle day and/or night with non-commercial license.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May require some travel and working evenings and weekends.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4883
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 84013