Faculty Housing Apartment Manager
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This is a one year contract, at 4 hours per week, with an option to renew based on successful annual performance.
An essential function of this role is to help new tenants become accustomed to their new community. This position will serve as a community model and is expected to follow and enforce rules and regulations at all times. This position is expected to make frequent walkthroughs of properties and identify and report maintenance issues.
As a condition of this assignment, the Faculty Housing Apartment Manager is required to live in a Caltech housing unit, as designated by Caltech, for the period specified. Through availability, communication, positive role modeling, and community development, you will work with the Faculty Housing Office to facilitate an atmosphere of safety, well-being, and cohesiveness within the residential area.
The person in this position may be assigned to provide oversight of multiple multifamily or single-family properties. Duties are anticipated to be an average of four hours per week. The person in this position is expected to take calls at all times and respond appropriately.
- Understand and be familiar with lease terms and conditions and City ordinances
- Assist with tenant issues, questions or items related to lease terms and regulations, maintenance, and personal or property security
- Perform inspections of building, grounds, and units. Prepare inspection reports based on findings and submit AiM Customer Requests as necessary
- Assist with unit showings
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested
- Assist with vendor oversight and quality assurance
- Update tenant directory as turnover occurs
- Troubleshoot wireless routers, cable boxes, thermostats, washer/dryers, intercoms, and light timers, address maintenance issues
- Awareness of the Faculty Housing Emergency Response Plan and Campus Emergency Management Plan. This position is organization-critical and requires reporting to Campus in an emergency
- Fill in for other apartment managers as requested
- Must have at least two years’ experience in maintenance, security, or property management
- Must possess and maintain current CPR, AED, and American Red Cross First Aid certification
- Must complete FEMA Incident Command System ICS 100, ICS 700, and ICS 800
- Must be available evenings and weekends (time off will be scheduled with prior approval)
- Must possess exemplary customer service skills
- Must have experience with AiM
- Previous Caltech facilities experience