The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (SE3) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges.
This position supports the academic and research activities in the Earth System Science department https://earth.stanford.edu/ess. We are searching for a full-time Administrative Associate with Stanford experience, to provide a full range of administrative support for a very busy department, its faculty and their research programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Stanford’s financial systems, be highly motivated and organized, be able to provide great customer-service, and be confident in explaining and upholding policies. In addition, we are looking for someone with a good sense of humor and the ability to interact well with our current administrative team in a culturally diverse environment.
Some of the duties of this position are:
- Support faculty, students, and research groups with travel reimbursements, purchasing, and other iProcurement transactions
- Process sponsored research related transactions which require the understanding of sponsors’ compliance policies
- Maintain office supplies and building keys inventory.
- Work occasionally in different office setting to support other administrative staff
- Manage purchasing and travel cards as verifier and account reconciler
- Manage package shipping and receiving, including notifications and special arrangements
- Process work orders for repairs and other operational functions
- Oversee printer and copy machine operations, including troubleshooting as needed
- Support logistical activities for departmental meetings and weekly seminars
- Assist with office errands as needed
* Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Knowledge of Stanford University systems and policies
- Experience planning and coordinating a wide-variety of events
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83997