Lecturer, Teaching and Research, Finance and Property
Continuing, full time
$99,530 - $118,115 (ALB) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The School of Economics, Finance and Property
The School of Economics, Finance and Property is seeking to appoint a Teaching and Research Academic on a full time, continuing basis who can contribute to both the finance and property disciplines.
The School offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in finance, banking and property. Continually fine-tuned to keep them relevant, our courses provide students with an intellectually stimulating educational experience. The School has an ambitious world-standard research agenda in finance and, through this, aims to provide a learning environment that combines high-quality and innovative teaching practices. Strong industry links and a very successful record of demand driven research are key features of the property discipline and we are looking for an academic who can contribute across both areas.
Explore some more https://businesslaw.curtin.edu.au/curtin-business-school/economics-and-finance
Your new role
In this position, you will make significant contributions across the disciplines of Finance and Property in both research and teaching. In turn, the school will support your ambitions to progress your career through its collegial and supportive research and teaching environment and access to world standard research databases.
For this role, the School wishes to recruit someone who can teach in both Finance and Property. The role would particularly suit someone with an interest in in empirical work in investments (a research strength of the discipline), in general, and perhaps real estate finance in particular. In addition, the School is particularly interested in boosting its number of CFA Charter holders we employ.
You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated high level teaching skill and a demonstrated reflective approach to teaching delivery
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline and a record of contribution to scholarship in teaching
- Demonstrated experience and skills to undertake unit coordination and administration
- An established record of research outputs/creative works in high quality refereed academic journals/outlets consistent with the discipline
- A history of successful external grant applications in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree research students
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position
- The ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
What we offer you
- Permanent, ongoing employment
- Competitive salary & benefits
- The opportunity to work in a highly productive and engaged team
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
A cover letter, a CV and you are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria listed under ‘You will bring to the role’
Applications close: 9pm (AWST) on Sunday, 18th August 2019
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Associate Professor Steven Rowley – Head of the School of Economics, Finance and Property
Phone: 08 9266 7721
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.