Research Assistant - Improving Pre-school Attendance
Call for Applications for Research Assistant
Singapore Longitudinal EArly Development Study (SG LEADS)
Study on Improving Pre-school Attendance
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full time Research Assistant to assist the co-Principal Investigators, A/P Jessica Pan and A/P Walter Theseira, in a research project entitled “Improving Pre-school Attendance”.
The project aims to conduct a randomized control trial (RCT) that evaluates the effectiveness of various incentives at improving preschool attendance rates for disadvantaged children, by motivating parents to commit their children to regular attendance. This is part of a larger research programme on Building Human Capacity in Singapore’s Population: Testing Innovations in Human Development (PI: Wei Jun Jean Yeung).
You will be based at the Centre for Family and Population Research (CFPR), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore, and will have the opportunity to work with established scholars in the field of early child development and pre-school education.
The RA will be expected to assist in literature review, recruitment of respondents, and preparation of survey/experiment instruments, running of survey/experiments, data collection and management, analysis and writing of reports. RAs are also expected to provide administrative support for the sub-project.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Honours degree or equivalent in the Social Sciences
- Experience in conducting research, including an honours thesis, is a must. Those who have previous involvements with large-scale surveys, experiments, or in-depth interviews will be given advantage.
- Those with both quantitative and qualitative skills are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the writing skills with the capacity to customize written works according to audience
- Ability to collaborate with a large team and to work independently when necessary
- Strong organizational skills
Terms and Conditions
The appointment will be tenable for a period of one year at the first instance with a possibility for renewal.
Remuneration package is commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Other benefits that the University provides and other information about working in NUS and living in Singapore are available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/index.html. Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to change without prior notice.
Projected date of commencement: September 2019 or earlier
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees (with letterhead and signature)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
All applications and enquiries should be sent to Lori Jane Pasaraba via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SG LEADS RA Application – name ”. Please label your documents with the content of the document and your surname, e.g. 1.Cover Letter_surname, 2. CV_surname.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified (via email).
Apply for Research Assistant - Improving Pre-school Attendance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly