Caltech Human Resources Staff Services is looking for a Billing Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Director of HR Systems and Services, the Billing Specialist is responsible for supporting the overall billing function within HR at Caltech in accordance with Institute guidelines and policies and, as applicable, State and Federal guidelines.
The primary responsibility of the Billing Specialist is to process all invoices and internal accounts payables/receivables in an efficient and timely manner for Staff Services and other designated departments within HR under the direct supervision of the Director of HR Systems and Services. He/she will use necessary systems to ensure all payments are made in accordance with policies and within agreed upon timeframes.
- Process all Benefits vendor payments, including Health and Welfare vendor payments, in accordance with agreed upon timeframes
- Prepare invoices and accounts receivables for Employment and Recruiting Services (ERS) for payment in accordance with policy and timeframes
- Process all Temporary Agency Payment for ERS, as scheduled
- Submit Unemployment Insurance payments quarterly to the Employee Development Department (EDD) as scheduled
- Process invoices and accounts receivable utilizing systems such as WIC, Oracle, Techmart, etc.
- Provides back-up support for Benefit Billing and Records as needed
- Run queries and prepare other reports as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent years’ of experience
- 2 or more years of HR, billing or related experience
- Present exceptional customer service focus, including attention to producing quality results
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills with superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently
- Self-directed, flexible and detail-oriented problem solver with a strong desire to contribute to the organization’s reputation and success
- Excellent com
- puter skills in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with Oracle R12
- Experience with accounts payable/receivable
- Experience working with benefits (health and welfare) vendors