Life Science Technician
1 day left
- Full Time
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology is seeking a full time, 100% FTE Life Science Technician II.
The work of the Division of Oncology bridges the worlds of basic science, clinical diagnosis and the treatment of cancer. Our basic investigative activities concentrate on immunology, genetics/genomics, pharmacology, DNA repair and oncogene action. Our clinical science covers each cancer type; has a strong focus in clinical trials of new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, and in correlative laboratory studies. Our work is supported by a portfolio of peer-reviewed grants, industrial agreements and research endowments.
- Perform skilled techniques in support of lab’s research goals. Incumbent will prepare sequencing libraries for various projects. Incumbent will bank tissue specimens, primarily on clinic days and also any specimens that come on other days of the week. Incumbent will run other assays as appropriate in support of other laboratory members and projects.
- Perform mathematical analysis of data. Incumbent will prepare any relevant data produced by the incumbent for publication, such as collating data in tables, writing methods and results sections in paper manuscripts as appropriate, and presenting applicable work in laboratory meetings.
- Enter detailed records of experiments performed into incumbent’s laboratory notebook. Incumbent will keep detailed and organized electronic records of results and data analyses performed on laboratory computers and servers.
- Monitor, order, and store all lab supplies. Primarily responsible for equipment maintenance and supply ordering. Interface with vendors and materials procurement.
- May oversee and/or train other lab staff.
- At least two years of previous laboratory experience or two years of college coursework in related scientific discipline required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated professionalism in working with colleagues (both internal and external laboratory users).
- Must be capable of and willing to pay strict attention to detail, including following written and oral instruction.
Unusual working conditions:
- Must comply with Stanford University health and safety policies and procedures.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5644
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A24
- Requisition ID: 83973