Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Civil Engineering
Zhejiang University - College of Natural Sciences
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
College of Civil Engineering and Architecture
The College of Civil Engineering and Architecture specialises in research fields and specialisations for the following areas: Offshore Structural Engineering, Structural Reliability and Seismic Resistance, Concrete Composite Structure, Concrete Micromechanics, Structural Wind and Seismic Engineering, Spatial Structure, Smart Structure, Structure Control, Underground Engineering, Geotechnical Calculation and Analysis, Geotechnical Centrifuge, Ocean Geotechnical Engineering, Technology of Drinking Water Safety Protection, Water Pollution Control and Governance, Engineering Management, Rail Traffic, Road & Railway, Traffic Information and Control, Disaster Prevention Engineering ,Engineering Geological Disaster Prevention, Coastal & Offshore Geotechnics, Energy Efficient Building or Architectural Physics, Architecture Design, Urban Designing, Architecture Optics, Urban Planning and Design, Urban Traffic Planning and Design, Information Technology of Urban Planning, Hydraulic Structure Engineering, Hydraulics and River Dynamics, Remote Sensing and Information Technology, Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, Water Resources Management and Utilization, Harbor, Coast and Offshore Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physical Oceanography. (see college website here)
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
The newly launched “Hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit roughly 100 distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “Hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields (read more of ZJU's other recruitment programs).
- He/She who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching. There can be a reduction of teaching in the first 3 years.
- He/She who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, implement new developments in the academic discipline set up the original theoretical and practical researches or key technologies, enhance his/her own international academic influence and to become an internationally active academic member.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree of world-renowned university. He/she should hold assistant professorship or associate professorship (or an equivalent title) in a prominent international university.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills and has academic potential. He/She should have the ability to establish and develop research independently.
- The applicant should work full-time at ZJU
- ZJU will provide decent compensation.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students.
- Those qualified for the talent program, may apply for purchasing one of the apartments
- After the application approved, a research fund of RMB 2,000,000 will be provided by ZJU in the disciplines of experimental sciences, engineering, agriculture and medicine and those in the disciplines of non-experimental sciences will be provided a research fund of RMB 500,000 by ZJU.
Contact: Ms. Jiang
For application please provide a detailed resume, certificates of academic degrees, innovative research achievements and samples of major publications. These documents may be sent by email via the Apply button below (please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is copied in the email).
For further questions, you can email Central Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply for Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Civil Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly