Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Education
Zhejiang University - College of Humanities and Social Science
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
College of Education, Zhejiang University
The College of Education (see college website here) at Zhejiang University is one of the leading research institutions in China. It consists of the Department of Education, the Department of Physical Education, the Department of Curriculum and Learning Sciences, the Institute of Educational Leadership & Policy, the Modern Educational Technology Center, the Division of Military Education and other institutions. The mission of the College is to nurture future leaders with international perspectives, innovative spirit and comprehensive capabilities in the field of Education, Sports Science, and Psychology. It offers excellent programs at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels to prepare students in related areas. With a faculty capable of excellent research, the college has been undertaking projects to address theoretical and practical issues.
The college places great importance on international collaboration. The College holds several International cooperative platforms including Associated Centre for UNESCO-Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development, the secretariat of Global University Network for Innovation-Asia Pacific, UNESCO Chair of Entrepreneurship Education at Zhejiang University, and UNESCO Entrepreneurship Education Net National Chapter in China. Furthermore, the college has cooperative relationships with many institutions around the world.
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
The newly launched “One-hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit roughly 100 distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “One-hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields (read more of ZJU's other recruitment programs).
- He/She who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching.
- Zhejiang University "Hundred Talents Program"(Humanities and Social Science) includes "Type A" and "Type B".
Type A: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research, participate in the planning, developing and implementation of academic discipline(s), facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, promote international reputation, gradually form a leading and competitive role in the academic discipline.
Type B: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research and establish a research orientation, facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation and become an active and influential scholar in the field.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The candidate will have a professional and practical approach to his/her work
- with excellent learning and working experiences, holding a doctoral degree awarded by an top international university in related research areas. Type A applicant should be an associate professor or assistant professor within a domestic or foreign high-level university, or international renowned athlete or coach; Type B applicant should be a doctor or would have completed post-doctoral research with outstanding research achievements.
- The applicant is expected to be a proactive learner and work full-time at ZJU
1) Type A position
- has carried out a systematic and in-depth research in related areas, having published at least 3 articles as the first author in the top academic journals (SSCI), or book with significant academic influence as the first author.
- take cutting-edge research projects in relative research areas, with great academic influence and academic potential of further development.
- has made several academic presentations in important international academic conferences, one who holds important position in important academic organizations or editorial board of important journal in relative field will be given priority.
2) Type B position
- has carried out a systematic research in related, having published at least 3 articles as the first author in top or SSCI journals, or influential book as the first author.
- take research projects in relative research fields, with certain academic influence and academic potential of further development.
- has made several academic presentations in important international academic conferences, one who holds important position in important academic organizations or editorial board of journal in relative field will be given priority.
- ZJU will provide decent compensation.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students. Type A talents can apply for tenured professor or tenured associate-professor directly.
- Those qualified may apply for purchasing one of the apartments reserved for talents.
- After the application approved, a research start-up fund will be provided according to the difference of disciplines.
Contact: Ms. Zhou
Applicant should provide curriculum vitae that include: 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae with a list of four references, and 3) three representative publications in PDF. These documents may be sent by email via the Apply button below (please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is copied in the email).
For further questions, you can email Central Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply for Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Education
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly