Business Development Officer
Lincoln Institute for Agri-Food Technology
Salary: From £33,199 pro rata
Please note this post is permanent part-time 0.5 FTE
Closing Date: Tuesday 30 July 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 14 August 2019
Agri-food Technology is central to the University of Lincoln’s strategy and the Lincoln Institute for Agri-food Technology (LIAT), as part of the College of Science, aims to support and enhance productivity, efficiency and sustainability in food and farming through research, education and technology.
LIAT provides a University wide focus for Agri- food research and related activities and is a leading institution for research and development in the field of Agri-food robotics. LIAT brings together a multi-disciplinary team with sector- leading expertise in a diverse range of subjects including agriculture, robotics, ecology, hydrology, animal welfare, food manufacturing, supply chain management and new product development. The expertise spans schools within the University including, Computer Science, Life Sciences, Engineering and Geography.
The post holder will work as part of the LIAT team to help deliver the strategy that has been developed to increase the quantity and range of research, development, innovation and knowledge exchange activities and services. The main focus will be on building the relationships and continued engagement with farming and related business that will lead on to further local, national and international funding opportunities.
- Raise profile of innovation programmes at internal and external events as appropriate.
- To represent LIAT at internal and external events and on relevant local, regional and national interest groups, partnerships and committees as appropriate.
- To increase awareness of the LIAT through liaison with academic staff, businesses and other key stakeholders.
- To network effectively with external stakeholders to raise awareness of regional, national and international support.
- Delivery of a regular series of business engagement events in collaboration with colleagues to raise awareness of the work LIAT undertakes.
- The post holder is also expected to use their judgement to deal with queries and problems on a daily basis and to proactively support the broader team.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2.