Senior Research Fellowship
Senior Research Fellowships
You will work under the supervision of the Cluster Leader and take the lead in duties such as organising workshops and conferences, applying for grant funding, participating in current cluster projects, and carrying out new projects. Administrative duties and committee work may be assigned to you from time to time.
1. Applicants must have a PhD from a reputable university, and a developing publication record, preferably in the English Language.
2. Only candidates with more than 5 years of research experience after their PhD may apply for a Senior Research Fellowship position.
Asia Research Institute is inviting applications for various fellowships FY2020/21
More details of the appointments can be found on ARI’s website at https://ari.nus.edu.sg/opportunities/appointments/.
All positions are for outstanding, active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of Asia-related research in the social sciences or humanities.
Applicants need to indicate the particular Research Cluster(s) to which they are applying. In cases where there may be overlapping research interests, you may nominate up to a maximum of 2 clusters.
During their term at ARI, recipients are expected to submit a working paper (not more than 10,000 words) to the ARI Working Paper Series. Candidates are also required to deliver research seminar(s), contribute to cluster activities, and to acknowledge ARI in any publications arising from work undertaken at the Institute.
Interested scholars are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
1. A completed application form (Please click the link https://ari.nus.edu.sg/opportunities/appointments/) . Please ensure to complete all sections of the form and submit it to us in MS Word or equivalent editable format. If a section is not applicable to your application, please state ‘NA’.
2. Curriculum Vitae;
3. Synopsis of the proposed research project (maximum of 8-10 single-spaced pages);
4. At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English.
5. It is primarily your responsibility to ensure that two letters of reference are sent to us in confidence via email reporting on your academic standing, potential and proposed research by 3 September 2019.
6. Reference letters must clearly state your name, position and the cluster(s) that you have applied for.
7. Closing date for applications is 3 September 2019. You may wish to check with your referees that they have submitted their references before the closing date.