- Engage in conducting experimental procedures
- Maintenance and transfer of established cell lines and engage in tissue culture experiments.
- Biochemical assays and molecular biology experiments were protocol is well established.
- Mouse genotyping setting up PCR experiments and electrophoresis gel.
- Mouse dissections isolating lymphocyte and splenocytes.
- Complete and accurate documentation of the work performed.
- Maintain vivarium
- Measuring blood glucose level in mice
- Weening and breeding
- Feeding special diets
- Complete and accurate documentation of the work performed. On a daily basis, update database to record changes to mouse population. Communicate changes about the mouse population to the research team.
- Laboratory support
- Wash glassware
- Making simple media and buffers.
- Restocking lab supplies
- Assist in overall maintenance of the lab
*other duties as assigned
- One year’s laboratory work experience.
- Work requires the ability to follow detailed instructions and keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and/or written instructions (both verbal and written) instructions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform the characteristic duties.
- Habits of cleanliness and neatness.
- Demonstrated punctuality and consistent attendance.
- Maintenance of vivarium and a working knowledge of Mouse Seek desired.
Unusual working conditions:
Work in Biosafety level 2 conditions and Vivarium
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand.
- Ability to stand and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Occasionally lift and handle materials up to 10 pounds
- Rarely carry/pull and/or push up to 20 pounds
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
Work occurs in a research laboratory environment. Depending on research, may work in the vicinity of animals, chemicals, gasses, or hazardous materials. Expected to follow all safety requirements and procedures including wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/policies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining.
Job Code: 4371
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 83930