Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Design for automotive safety. The research assistant should be knowledgeable of general mechanical design, human anthropometry and ergonomics and automotive safety. The candidate should be able to carry out anthropometric study, collect and analyze appropriate data, perform computational biomechanical analysis and apply the results for safe design. The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in anthropometric data analysis and use of CAD/CAE system for safe design and have Masters degree in relevant field.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled in human anthropometry and ergonomics
- Familiar with motor vehicle design and safety issues
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- Command of Mechanical design practice
- Command of statistical tools, injury biomechanics, and use of CAD and CAE
- Demonstrable willingness to support work in the lab
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
- Commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 30-09-2019
Job Category Staff