Specialist Study Skills Support Tutor
Department: Student Services
Salary: £24,771 to £27,830 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 29 July 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: Thursday 08 August 2019
Part time term time, permanent role
Salary is £24,771 to £27,830 per annum pro rata
Please note that we have multiple opportunities available. We are open to flexibility in working pattern for the right candidates.
As part of York St John's continuing commitment to support students, Student Services are delighted to be recruiting to the position of Specialist Study Skills Support Tutor. Working as part of the newly formed Specialist Tutoring and Mentoring Team the successful candidate will join a team of professionally qualified Study Skills Tutors and Mentors who provide individual study related tutoring support for students who have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) / are on the Autistic Spectrum (AS), and mentoring support for students who have Mental Health (MHC) / are on the Autistic Spectrum (AS).
The role will primarily be focused on working directly with students who are in receipt of DSA however the successful candidate may also be required to work with students who are not DSA funded so will need to be able to employ a range of support strategies covering both long and short term interventions. The role will empower the student to manage any difficulties that SpLD/AS has on their capacity to achieve their academic potential. You will be joining a DSA-QAG accredited service in a university that has an excellent record of supporting students.
Candidates must have:
- current membership with any of the professional bodies recognised by the DSA-QAG Non-Medical Help Quality Assurance Framework and is fully update with CPD activity
- experience of working with SpLD / AS students in an HE/FE environment on a one to one basis empowering them to become independent learners
- experience of delivering one-to-one support/guidance and handling issues of a sensitive and confidential nature
Closing date: 28 July 2019
Interviews: 8 August 2019
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to work at our beautiful campus in the heart of York, YSJ employees enjoy access to a superb range of benefits including –
- Generous annual leave entitlement (plus additional leave days during our Christmas closure period)
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Training and development
- Discounts at a wide range of high street brands and local companies, including shops, cinemas and gyms.
We welcome all applicants and particularly people from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are underrepresented within the university.
As part of our commitment to providing an inclusive working environment, consideration is given to all request for job share or flexible working arrangements.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date - Monday 29 July 2019 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date - Thursday 08 August 2019