As a Financial Controller you’ll work directly with the CFO, heading up the day to day financial activities including; preparation of month end accounts, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and advance payments, audits and year end statutory accounts.
The controller position is accountable for the general accounting operations of the University.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports (statutory format) in conjunction with the Management Accounting and Reporting Section,
- Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records
- Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and
- Ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards (IPSAS Accrual Standards, UAE Government Accounting Standards, or as required) and Modified Cash Basis (UAE Ministry of Finance).
- Maintain/Revision of the documented system of accounting policies and procedures (guides financial decisions by reviewing and enforcing policies and procedures)
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary activities, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by reviewing and enforcing internal controls.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Monitor/Maintain the chart of accounts
- Monitor/Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- VAT Tax filing and reconciliation (in conjunction with the CFO and Section Head)
- Issue timely and complete statutory financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow)
- Regular Working Capital reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audits
- Coordinate substantive data to meet internal audit requirements
Support the CFO by:
- Filing of reports and coordination of scheduled audits with the State Audit Institution (SAI) a) Treasury and working capital management i) Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Maintaining financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordination of staff development and other internal initiatives
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
Bachelor's degree in accounting
Bachelor's degree in accounting / CPA, CA or equivalent
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible professional experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- CPE / Continuous Professional Education – to maintain certification
- Advanced Spreadsheet, Analytical, and Presentation
- Soft Skills training so as to facilitate People and Change Management
- UAE Regulatory Trainings, particularly VAT related
- English and Arabic fluency required
- Strong ERP and Spreadsheet skills.
Division CFO Office
Department CFO Office
Job Close Date 30-09-2019
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED