Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Lab Assistant will be responsible for supporting the research activities of a laboratory applying cryo electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to study the structural biology of host-pathogen interactions.
- Assist in digital reconstructions of 3D imaging datasets.
- Manually annotate 3D imaging datasets.
- Produce educational videos.
- Additional research support and clerical projects as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Familiarity with common software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe packages.
- 2 years of high school courses in the biological and physical science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior laboratory work experience.
- Experience with the image processing software programs described above.