Information Technology Support Analyst
Closing date 31 Jul 2019 23:00 (UK time)
Department Edinburgh Business School
Status Full Time
About Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh Business School, the Graduate School of Business of Heriot-Watt University offers one of the most flexible and popular MBA programmes in the world, with more than 11,300 active students and over 20,000 alumni across six continents - a truly international school committed to educating tomorrow's business leaders for tomorrow's markets.
The Edinburgh Business School MBA is available by independent study, at Heriot-Watt University campuses in the UK, Dubai and Malaysia or through one of its global network of Learning Partners. Students can combine differing study options depending upon their circumstance, enabling ambitious professionals to study at their own pace, in their own time, combining study with work, travel and family commitments.
In addition to the MBA, Edinburgh Business School offers MSc programmes, MBA with Specialisms and a DBA. For more information about the school and its activities see http://www.ebsglobal.net
About our Team
As IT Support Analyst, you will be joining a small team providing computing support and advice to students, visiting groups, faculty and administrative staff.
The ability to work well within a team is essential, and you will be expected to use your own initiative. You must be adaptable and flexible as evening and weekend work will be required from time to time.
Experience in providing user support in a Windows environment tackling desktop OS, Application and hardware issues is essential.
Opportunities exist to develop your career within a friendly and open environment. Training will be provided where necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities
- First-line PC hardware support
- MS Office configuration
- Diagnosis of network connection problems
- Printer configuration and problem resolution
- Client logon support / Active Directory support
- Maintenance of back-up procedures
- Rolling out new applications and application updates
- OS support and patch management
Education, qualifications and experience
- Relevant Professional Qualifications, particularly in Microsoft technologies.
- Working with Disk Cloning software.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Android/iOS wireless settings.
- Managing hardware lifecycles.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge -
- Knowledge of Windows Server2008/2012
- Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policies
- Troubleshooting basic networking and wireless issues.
Other attributes -
- Ability to communicate technical information in person and over the phone in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to create and update support guides for end users.
- Willingness and ability to help end users.
How To Apply
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on 31st July 2019.
Consideration will be given to applications on a part-time and/or job-share basis.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
Embracing diversity at Heriot-Watt University means we can select from the broadest pool to find the best person for the job – we encourage you to apply.