Protocol and Events Coordinator, Male UAE National Only
The office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Protocol and events Coordinator Officer to organize and oversee all official visits connected with the Vice President’s Office on the Abu Dhabi Campus of the University under the direction of the Manager, Administration and Protocol, Vice President’s office, and to assist the Vice President in matters related to liaison with the Abu Dhabi Community.
- Support and advise the Director in planning,preparing and implementing all plans for visitors and events on the Abu Dhabi campus related to the Vice President’s Office.
- Coordinate plans for welcoming, escorting and reviewing all protocol for all visitors for major events,lectures,campus visits and press conferences
- Greet and Welcome VIP guests and visitors andproject the image of Zayed University.
- Advise on the selection of gifts for the VP Office and, in special instances, purchase gifts for VIPs and guests of the VP Office.
- Accompany the vice President during VIP visits on the University campus and in the community.
- Liaise with the Publications Department regarding all printed materials and banners needed for events.
- Review event arrangements organized by other departments or colleges as requested to assure presentations meet the standards of the University.
- Follow –up on special requests from the Vice President related to community matters, vendors, etc.
- Provide strategic communication to the Director of Administration regarding community- related events.
- Work successfully with event sponsors and partners.
- Provide strategic communication with members of the Government Communications Department as related to University activities.
- Monitor and advise on the gift inventory maintained by the Vice President’s Office to determine the types and levels of gifts to be distributed for each event.
- Meet and greet guests at the airport and assure the guests are transported and seen to the airport when protocol so requires.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for the required education with a minimum of 4 years of experience in protocol matters and coordinating events.
- Desired skills:
- Must be able to work hours outside of the usual schedule and travel out of town on occasion for meetings or events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Must have strong decision-making skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and to bring many varied tasks to completion by deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, have the ability to use university procedures to accomplish the job and the ability to use initiative in meeting objectives.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, please attach a cover letter, a current CV, attested terminal degree, transcripts, names and contact details of three professional references, teaching philosophy, statement of research interests, and teaching evaluations. Please note that successful candidates will be required to obtain equivalency of their terminal degree from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview .