Human Resources Services Assistant
The Human Resources Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Human Resources Services Assistant to assist and support in the delivery of HR Services at Zayed University ensuring University’s benefits packages and related policies are applied in accordance with University regulations & By-Laws in an accurate and timely matter..
The HR Services Assistant works as a junior member of the HR Service Team delivering HR related Services to ZU staff and faculty across both campuses. Tasks and responsibilities include:
Under the direction/guidance of more experienced HR Staff assists in the preparation of contract modifications, and issuance of new contracts on promotion etc to existing employees.
New Hires Orientation
- Plays a key role in the preparation of documentation for new hires and the orientation of New Hires.
- Under the guidance of the HR Benefits Specialist initiates and prepares requests to Finance for new hire meal and furniture allowances.
- Assists the HR Benefits Specialist with the day-to-day administration and tracking of Maternity, Vacation, Sick and Special Leaves and payment of cash in lieu of vacation tickets.
- Verifies employees benefit entitlement and provides timely information to managers and employees
- Insurance - Medical and Household Assists the HR Benefits Officer in the day-to-day administration of University’s health and household insurance plan. Under the guidance of more senior HR staff may be required to liaise with the insurance company to facilitate the best outcomes for employees and the University.
Visa and Housing
- In the absence of the Visa & Housing Assistant, and under the guidance of the HR Benefits Officer prepares visa applications,letters,forms and other documents to government ministries and organizations,consulates, embassies, banks, police departments etc.
Policies and Procedures
- Under the guidance of more experienced HR staff provides guidance onPolicy & Procedure to employees and managers as required.
- Prepares/compiles HR files ensuring accuracy of content and completion. Maintains HR employee files and data on the HR information system as assigned.
- Provides general guidance/counsel to employees regarding benefit issues.
- Ensures all employees understand benefits package and administration processes.
- Liaises with other members of HR department as required to ensure sharing of information and continual improvement of client care delivery and accuracy of information.
- Provides cover for other HR staff to ensure continuity of service delivery to ZU Community.
Participates in special project work as required.
- Should possess a minimum of 0 to 1 year of experience of administrative experience and a Diploma or an equivalent combination of education,training and experience.
- Strong IT skills - MS Office Suite is required
- Ability to prepare written documentation
- Fluency in Arabic & English an asset
Desired or preferred requirements:
- Experience with an HRMS system an asset
- Experience working in a human resources department.
- Experience working in a front-line customer service environment.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets, and healthcare.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if youare selected for an interview.