Human Resources Officer
The Human Resources Department seeks an incumbent for the position of HR Officer to provide quality, client care to employees and their families relating to Visa and Medical Coverage on Abu Dhabi campus, liaises and coordinates all aspects of Security Clearance for New Hires in a professional and accurate manner.
To liaise with Government departments in accordance with Government and ZU regulations in matters related to visas, security clearances and medical coverage.
- The HR Officer works as part of the HR Abu Dhabi team, processing Visas, Security Clearances processes and Medical Benefits for the Abu Dhabi employees and their families.
- Follow up on all changes in government policy and processes regarding immigration, security clearance procedures and Abu Dhabi Health Authority procedures for the health Insurance Coverage.
- Liaises with HR Consultants and New hires to complete the security clearance process assuring that all the security documents are complete and submitted to the authorities in a timely manner assuring that all documents requested are valid to process the clearance.
Employment Procedure Management:
- First point of contact for all visa requests for the University employees and their families including newly hired employees. Plans and prepares all visa documentation.
- Plans and prepares Immigration Medical schedule and documentation. Coordinates medicals/transportation and accompanies employees and their dependents for medicals at the Government Hospitals.
- Plans and prepares documentation for employee driving licenses, liquor permits, Etisalat connections, ADDC connection etc.
- Creates and maintains data bases which form the basis of University reporting
- Responsible for the safe keeping and correct use of ZU Government e cards used for payment of online Immigration processes.
- Deals effectively, efficiently and accurately with staff queries while ensuring the best possible client care to employees for all visa related matters.
- Secures appropriate visas for University staff and families and visitors. Visit visas for friends and members who are non- resident dependents of employees
- Oversees preparation of letters, forms and documents to government ministries and organizations, consulates, embassies, banks, police head quarters, etc.
- Provides advice and guidance to HR staff on visa matters.
- Answers employee queries, advises them on University policies and assists employees with problems dealing with government organizations.
- Arranges and process payment for Golden services for arriving new hires and their families.
- Arranges Immigration medicals for new employees and their families.
- Updates employee personnel files; notes any changes to status in files/ HR database.
- Keeps track of government policy changes in visa processing and briefs HR team on changes as and when required.
- Keeps employee passports and official documents (marriage certificates, birth certificates, et….) related to visa process secure when processing visas.
- First point of contact for all Security Clearance matters.
- Deals effectively and accurately with HR Consultants and New hires to process the security clearance while ensuring the best possible client care to internal and external clients in all Security clearances related matters.
- Keeps track of security clearances procedure changes, briefs HR team on changes.
- Keeps records on the security clearances applications during the processing stage.
- High confidentiality while dealing with the Security Clearance processes.
- The key contact person in HR with the Security Officers.
- Following up on Security Clearance completion.
- Updating internal clients on the security clearance outcomes.
- Maintaining tracking list for all security applications.
- Prepares letters to the police authorities for local hires.
- Informs local hires on the procedures and the requested documents to process their security clearance.
Medical Insurance – AUH:
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the University’s health insurance plan in Abu Dhabi.
- Liaises with the insurance company to facilitate the best outcomes for employees and the University.
- Adds and deletes members as required.
- Informs payroll administrators on any changes to the membership lists due to deletion of existing members or addition of new members.
- Main point of contact between faculty and staff and the Insurance provider in Abu Dhabi.
- Liaises directly with the Hospital staff in fast tracking the medical health check up for the employees.
- Troubleshoots when problems arise.
- Works closely with the Visa and Housing Specialist on all visa and Housing matters.
- Produces Reports from HRMS on Visas when required by the HR Manager
- Liaises directly with the ADDC authority to sort out any issues with the ADDC connections and bill payments in absence of Visa and Housing Specialist.
- Coordinates directly with the Landlord regarding the renewal of Housing leasing contracts and other housing maintenance issues in absence of Visa and Housing Specialist.
- Should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a related Administrative role – or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Other essential requirements:
- Strong IT skills - MS Office Suite is required
- Ability to prepare written documentation
- Bilingual English and Arabic
- Experience with an HRMS system an asset
- Experience working in a human resources department.
- Experience working in a front-line customer service environment.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.