Senior Internal Auditor
The Internal Audit Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Internal Auditor. The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and executing audits, identifying and communicating key business risks and determining means of improvement in key business processes under the supervision of the Director-Internal Audit.
- Develops and implements planning of audit work in accordance with the scope and complexity of the area under review.
- Identifies and communicates key business risks ensuring that risk assessment forms the basis of all audit work planned and performed.
- Oversees assigned audit engagements in accordance with standards and the timelines set in the annual audit plan, including planning and implementation.
- Reviews and evaluates adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, and compliance with the University policies and procedures.
- Prepares audit supporting work papers to document audit procedures and conclusions, as well as written and verbal representation of audit findings.
- Follows up on reviews to verify that necessary corrective actions have been successfully implemented.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the audit work performed on assigned audits.
- Overseas audit work in relation to time and resource budgets.
- Ensures that audit findings and recommendations during the course of the audit are promptly communicated to management.
- Ensures that audit work papers are adequate, objectives have been accomplished and all conclusions are properly supported.
- Prepares and conducts a briefing at the completion of field work.
- Drafts and seeks approval for the formal audit report.
- Finalizes the audit files and ensures that supporting documents are properly retained.
- Follows up work as necessary subsequent to audit.
- Supports and designs processes for improvement initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relations with external auditors through close coordination and collaboration of audit related activities.
- Performs special tasks as assigned by the director- Internal Audit.
- Minimum 7 years relevant, professional experience as internal or external auditor and Bachelor’s degree in Business (such as, Accounting, Finance) from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Other essential requirements:
- Professional Qualification (CPA, CA or CIA)
- Knowledge of IT reviews
- Knowledge of MS applications and credible accounting applications
- Desired or preferred requirements:
- Government or NFP Government previous experience
- Bi Lingual English/Arabic
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, Cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.