The Enrollment and Registration Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Registration Coordinator to be responsible for registry functions and record keeping starting from students’ registration in the first semester, application to major, following up the academic standing until graduation.
Ensures that the college maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all students, both past and present, and that students and alumni have access to transcript services and verification as necessary.
- Collaborates with Information Technology and other key resources in the Enrollment and Registration Office regarding best practices.
- Provides direction on day-to-day operations for Registration, Articulation and Assessment Services and Information Services, and consults with other areas of the Registrar’s Office to ensure coordination of services and effective use of resources.
- Creation and design of student schedules to meet student’s academic requirements and personal needs.
- Monitors student data that is entered into the student records management system (Banner) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors beginning and end of term grade activity to ensure the colleges comply with the appropriate timeline.
- Performs periodic monitoring of student schedules to ensure that course prerequisites are being met.
- Oversees and supports the completion of audits to ensure processes and procedures (e.g., attendance dismissal, enrollment and inter-college transfers, grade posting, re-entries/re-enrolls, etc.) result in accurate and compliant student records for all active, graduate and withdrawing students.
- Work with the Senior Student Record Coordinator in finalizing the beginning and the end of term processes ensuring that the students’ academic history is correctly reflected in the Banner system.
- Considers all student complaints regarding registrations and sets up appropriate processes for resolution as specific terms are not clearly outlined.
- Produces reports from Banner and other IT Zayed University applications for use by the office and the colleges
- Contributes with the Registration Team in testing any new Modules of Banner prior to the implementation.
- Ensures that students adhere to university policies and procedures with regard to academic achievement, enrolment suspension and withdrawal.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 4 years of experience in student registration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and awareness of the operation of a post-secondary institution is required.
- Experience with Student Information Systems (Banner) and the ability to develop processes and utilize
- Technology to increase efficiencies.
- Able to produce statistical reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Registration process from first day of admission to graduation
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices related to Registration.
- Experience in process documentation
- Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating training plans
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.