College of Arts and Creative Enterprises Studio Technician
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of CACE Studio Technician to be responsible for the provision of technical support to faculty and students in the College of Arts and Creative Enterprises. The technician will maintain, oversee and supervise the various art and design studios, shops and labs, which support the diverse specializations.
Art and Design studio operations support, maintenance and supervision:
- Serves as the liaison between CACE and CPDS for maintenance and safety issues.
- Works with the faculty to carry out teaching goals and special departmental projects and maintain presentation and gallery spaces within the department.
- Maintains the daily operations of the Art and Design studios, shops and labs.
- Prepare equipment and materials for classes and teaching as required.
- Assist with Exhibition installation as required.
- Compile and update regularly, listings/ inventories for the purchase of materials and resources used in the studios as per health and safety standards.
- Order and take inventory of materials, supplies, tools, and equipment, along with reporting as required.
- Supports in servicing, replacing spare parts, maintenance of equipment, purchase of equipment and materials, and providing technical support for the College’s teaching and research commitments.
- Provide technical support and demonstrate safe operation of different types of machines and studio equipment to staff and students as required.
First Aid and Workplace Health and Safety:
- Consults, develops and works with Campus Physical Development department on safe operations of workshops, studios as per the university environmental health and safety requirements.
- Assures that the studios are safe and orderly and that equipment remains in good working condition; assures that health and safety precautions are followed
- Provides health and safety workshops and inductions to advice and demonstrate the obligations and responsibilities under the Health and Safety rules
- and operation of lab equipment's as required ; monitors and oversees the safe use of the studios and their assets outside the class time.
- Ensure all hazardous substances are registered and correctly labeled and stored as per the university environmental health and safety requirements and recorded.
- Carry out Risk Assessments on all hazardous substances and maintain procedures as per university environmental health and safety requirements.
- Prepare standard operation procedures (SOP) for studios and other college activities as per university environmental health and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and Participate in the university environmental health and safety training, inspections, audits and support with requirements.
Must possess a B.F.A or equivalent in the appropriate disciplinary area from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Broad studio experience, and be knowledgeable and capable of working with the chemicals, tools and machinery in the below disciplinary areas (at least three or more) and is willing to train in those areas where more experience is required:
- Ceramic Equipment: Pottery Wheels, Kilns .
- Welding Equipment.
- Metal and Wood Working Machinery.
- Portable Electric and Air Operated Tools.
- Hand Tools.
- Painting, drawing and sculpture Equipment.
- Printmaking Equipment including chemicals.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.