Research Contract Administration Officer
- Opportunity to leverage your skills in contracts administration and analysis
- Located at our Camperdown/Darlington campus
- Multiple fixed-term opportunities available until February 2020 with base salary $92K- $100K p.a plus superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint Research Contract Administration Officers to join our team and support our Commercial Development & Industry Partnerships unit. In this role, you will be part of our University-wide transition to centralised management of the University’s research contracts. You will play a key role in ensuring our records are correct, current and on track to meet this important milestone.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Contract Administration Officer who has:
- experience of administering complex grant funding schemes including contract management
- experience in managing processes in a high volume environment with strict deadlines
- the ability to plan, prioritise, and organise workload; to develop, implement and review procedures and policies; and to interpret policy and provide advice using own body of knowledge and experience
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail and
- knowledge and understanding of national and international research funding opportunities, processes and policies.
The University of Sydney is committed to continued improvement in its research performance, maintaining its leading role within Australia and improving its competitive position internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies to attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding; focusing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic research areas while continuing to support strong disciplines; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation including intellectual property protection and commercialisation
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1153/0619F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 25 July 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.