Administrative Assistant, Graduate Studies Deanship
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Graduate Studies Deanship seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Assistant to provide internal and external graduate program stakeholders with a wide range of administrative assistance and office support functions to facilitate the efficient operation of the office on a day-to-day basis.
Under the direction and guidance of the Dean of Graduate Studies:
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Dean of Graduate Studies, College graduate program stakeholders and Graduate Studies Deanship staff members.
- Acts as liaison between Graduate Studies Deanship and other University offices and external institutions.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for internal and external stakeholders seeking assistance, information and/or referrals related to graduate education.
- Exercises independent judgment in bringing information, issues for day-to-day operations and other graduate student concerns to the attention of the Dean of Graduate Studies and university stakeholders.
- Assists in updating institutional effectiveness data and other graduate program information in relevant databases.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates computer and/or manual filing systems for the office and retrieves information as required.
- Maintains the calendar of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Coordinates and handles the travel arrangements and hotel bookings for Office staff and the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Books meeting rooms, informs attendees of timing and location of meetings and distributes meeting agendas as required.
- Provides support in arranging internal and external events organized by the University, College and Graduate Studies Deanship such as recruiting activities, strategic retreats, orientation seminar, graduate alumni functions and the graduation ceremony.
- Provides information to prospective and current graduate students regarding procedures relating to graduate student activities, events and services.
- Must possess a Diploma from an accredited university with a minimum of 1 year or more administrative support experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Must have proficiency in technical and computer skills, including MS Office suite, to support administrative functions.
- Must have knowledge of administrative and logistical procedures and systems including filing and record keeping.
Other Essential Requirements
- Good typing and keyboard skills; a typing speed of 40+wpm (English) is required.
- Good spoken and written Arabic and English language skills.
- Knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to share information in an effective and collaborative manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates interpersonal effectiveness in the workplace.
- Must exercise a high level of confidentiality and responsibility.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be efficient, flexible, hold strong organizational skills, perform multiple tasks within expected timelines, and demonstrate initiative.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.