The College of Natural Health and Science seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Assistant to provide general administrative support for the College.
- Point of contact in college for faculty,staff and students of ZU and a variety of other internal and external clients.Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests.Explains programmes and services, advises and assists faculty and staff in relation to college policies and procedures.
- Prepares correspondence,presentations,reports,agendas, background materials and minutes.Maintains files and manages information. Assists in the preparation of teaching and promotional materials as indicated by the supervisor.
- Provides technical and design support in relation to campus and off campus initiatives.
- Provides administrative support to the college outreach programme.
- Liaises directly with various offices,companies and ministries on behalf of the supervisor.
- Performs administrative duties for the supervisor or faculty designated by the supervisor. Maintains student and faculty records, inventories of supplies and equipment and organizes maintenance of equipment. Performs photocopying,printing and faxing. Monitors office budget and spending records as requested.
- Regularly and independently communicates with vendors and processes purchases in accordance with University purchasing procedures. Maintains and monitors the office’s budget.
- Assists with respect to maintaining physical facilities and equipment of college
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering.
- Arranges for travel and consultancies.
- Manages supervisors daily schedule. Attends meetings to take minutes.
- Contributes to special projects when required.
- Must possess a Diploma from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum of 0 -1 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic; knowledge of national culture and traditions is highly desired.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute or better, with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other software.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive,with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance,annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family,educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.