The Central Administration Team – comprised of Customer Service/Public Relations, Human Resources, Budget/Finance, Technology, and Facilities Operations -- provides infrastructure support to the staff and visitors to the Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services and is committed to attaining the highest level of quality, reliability, excellence and integrity in its provision of its services.
The Central Administration Team seeks a Facilities Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, will perform specialized, diverse work activities and coordinate solutions supporting the operations, maintenance, repair, upkeep, inventory tracking, and refurbishing activities for two buildings.
Your responsibilities include:
Providing assistance with:
- Property operations maintenance and facilities issues in assigned building(s) and unit(s).
- Initiating work requests and monitoring completion.
- Coordinating and monitoring routine maintenance services completion (e.g., trash, custodial, security, confidential recycling, grounds, landscaping, mailroom equipment, etc.).
- Condition assessments on appearance, equipment or troubleshooting (formulated by another group, FSM).
- Implementing preventive maintenance plans.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing building operations and process modifications to the facility for increased productivity and/or cost reduction.
- Conference/huddle room coordination and maintenance; logistics (to avoid staff conflicts, events).
- Handling property administration by completing tagging, data entry, inventory, and coordinating disposals; completing purchase orders, receiving and completing record keeping, tracking, information gathering and support for space allocation decision makers (e.g., furniture, computers, ergonomic equipment, and mailroom equipment).
- Serving as backup for facility security programs by distributing keys, providing building access, monitoring access records, assessing security infrastructure needs (e.g., lockdown, panic buttons and alarm systems), and assessing and changing access schedules.
- Assisting with project coordination by: performing the assigned tasks within department projects; acting as backup project coordinator/liaison (limited to small, local projects); including their organization scheduling, and implementation.
- (In collaboration with the Facilities Manager) correcting identified safety issues, conducting safety training and/or new employee facility orientation; and assisting with emergency preparedness, recovery and business continuity.
- Assisting with communications services (network administration, desktop support, primary troubleshooting, and telephone liaison); provide updates, alerts, notifications to building occupants, including phones; and oversee mailing services, shipping and delivery.
- Assisting with space management and planning activities including: move coordination; space inventory; space allocation tracking; specifying set-ups; maximizing space utilization.
* Other duties may also be assigned
In addition, requirements include:
Associate degree and three years related, demonstrated facilities management experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Interpersonal skills and mature judgment to interact effectively with a broad range of people, including vendors, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates.
- Working knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with internal and external vendors and services contracting.
- Background knowledge of emergency preparedness plans and their implementation and property administration specific to PO tracking, receiving, and inventory control.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4371
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83873