Business Development Manager
Organisation Cranfield University
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type Permanent
Salary £42,501 to £47,375 per annum with additional target related bonus potential
Apply by 31/08/2019
Key deliverables include:
Establish External Links
- Responsible for establishing active relationships with Technical Managers of 50-100 Prime and OEMs within the region and nationally.
Establish Internal Links
- Working with potential Technical Managers (potential customers), Heads of Centre (HOCs) and Heads of Department (HOD’s)within CDS to specify, develop and deliver local business growth opportunities for increased private venture activities.
- Identify areas for the promotion of our laboratory facilities for test and evaluation and associated H&S.
- Working with all stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver new and existing bespoke short courses both locally (Shrivenham) and at customer sites.
- Working with HOCs/HoD’s, develop and sell sponsorships
You will be educated to Degree Level with experience of one or more of the following:
- working with or in UK Defence
- Business development
- providing solutions to problems
The ability to establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influence at all levels is essential.
The post holder will need to be security cleared.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.
Interviews will be held 25 September 2019.