Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Arabic Language, Literature, and Culture
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an
innovative institution based on an international model of higher education.
With approximately 550 full-time faculty serving approximately 9500
undergraduate and 500 graduate students on its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life. The University expects its
graduates to be competent in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of
computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills.
English is the primary language of instruction and administration.
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States
Commission on Higher Education in the US.
The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high
standard of living, its tolerance of other cultures and societies, its safety and family-friendly environment.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is comprised of three departments -- the Department of Social Sciences, the Department of Arabic Language, and the Department of Islamic World Studies -- that contribute to the University‘s general education program as well as the College’s undergraduate and graduate programs that include: BA International Studies; BA Emirati Studies; MA Diplomacy and International Affairs; MA Judicial Studies; and Executive Masters in Public Administration. The Department of Arabic Language, in particular, serves the needs of ZU students through the teaching of Modern Standard Arabic for native and non-native students so they can become fully competent in using Arabic in academic and professional settings.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) is seeking fulltime instructors and professors who will be able to teach in its general education curriculum,and support the Arabic language needs of other programs across the University. The main responsibilities include teaching multiple sections of foundational Arabic courses, and offering courses in Arabic literature; Arabic Culture; Translation; and Professional Writing in Arabic for academic or professional purposes.
- A Ph.D. in Arabic Linguistics, Literature, Culture, or related fields. Prior College/University teaching experience. Evidence of Teaching and Research excellence and experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with faculty teams in multi-section courses, and proven capacity to teach both native and non-native Arabic speakers. Fluency in English is compulsory. Familiarity, and prior experience with, the US model of general education is desirable.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive,with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and subsidized healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin and continue until the position has been filled.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates